Stem Cell Isolation, Culture, Differentiation, and Characterization
Why Use Bio-Techne Reagents for Culturing Stem Cells?
Our mission is to facilitate discovery and translation by ensuring high performance and lot-to-lot consistency of our products. Consistency is key to minimizing variability and standardizing protocols.
Don’t take it from us, listen as Stem Cell Core Facility Directors describe why they prefer Bio-Techne proteins and small molecules for their cultures!
Custom Services for Stem Cell Research
The multitude of potential stem cell preparations and applications means that the exact product you need for your research may not be available. If you can’t find what you need, our expert scientists and custom services team are here to help. We will work with you to deliver reagents and assays to meet your requirements. Whether it’s as simple as a change in formulation or a completely new product, take advantage of our resources and expertise to overcome your challenge.
Streamlining Translation for Regenerative Medicine
When it’s time to advance your regenerative medicine product to clinical manufacturing, partner with us for reliability, quality, and custom services. We will work with you to provide reproducible production of reagents and assays at clinical scale, with complete documentation. We offer GMP reagents as well as 21 CFR Part 11-compliant analytical instruments for automation and high throughput. We’re committed to helping you streamline the manufacture of regenerative medicine products.
- Stem Cell Protocols at R&D Systems
- Protocols for Stem Cells at Tocris
- Stem Cells Markers Interactive Tool at R&D Systems
- Technical Guide: Basement Membrane Basics at R&D Systems
- Cytokine and Protein User’s Guide Book at R&D Systems
- Evolution of Cell Culture Models eBook at R&D Systems
- Next-Generation Analytical Solutions For Cell & Gene Therapy eBook at ProteinSimple
- Stem Cell Analysis: Advances in Western Blotting Technologies eBook at ProteinSimple
- Embryonic and Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Workflow Solutions Brochure at R&D Systems
- Stem Cell Workflow: Using Small Molecules Poster at Tocris
- Stem Cells and Differentiation Poster at Tocris
- Stem Cell Research Product Guide at Tocris
- Technical Notes: Assessing the Pluripotent Status of Stem Cells at R&D Systems
- Differentiation potential of iPSC at R&D Systems
- Mending the Myocardium: Tracking Cardiomyocyte Differentiation with Single-Cell Westerns at ProteinSimple
About Stem Cells
The defining characteristics of stem cells, i.e. their ability to self-renew and differentiate, make them a valuable resource in medical research and therapy. Directed differentiation of stem cells can provide insights into embryonic development, generate organ-like structures (organoids), and help us understand complex disease processes.
Stem cells are unspecialized cells that are capable of self-renewal through mitotic cell division, even after long periods of inactivity. Stem cell differentiation gives rise to the endoderm, ectoderm, and mesoderm germ layers which develop into the specialized cells of a tissues and organs.
Embryonic stem cells (ESCs) are found in the inner cell mass of blastocysts, adult (or somatic) stem cells maintain the populations of specific cell types, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) are produced by the reprogramming of somatic cells, and cancer stem cells (CSCs) reside in tissues where they give rise to local tumors. Hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) differentiate into the myeloid and lymphoid immune cell lineages. Multipotent mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) give rise to adipocytes, chondrocytes, osteocytes, and cardiomyocytes. Neural stem cells (NSC) can differentiate into neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes.
Owing to their tissue regenerative potential, stem cells can be utilized to repair or replace old or damaged cells, and this property is valuable in regenerative medicine. Stem cells offer the potential for treating many diseases including cancer, neurodegeneration, musculoskeletal disorders, heart disease, and diabetes. 3-dimensional cultures and organoids based on differentiated stem cells reproduce some functions of native tissues and are valuable for toxicology studies and drug discovery.
Gene Engineering Services
Let us solve your gene engineering challenges so you can focus on groundbreaking research. Our gene engineering services team specializes in complex projects and hard-to-transfect cell lines.
For cell and gene therapy manufacturing, we offer GMP CDMO services that include process development for cell engineering, quality control, custom cell vialing, and regulatory support.